Mission & Philosophy
Music plays a vital role in the worship and life of Saint Andrew's. The Music Ministry of Saint Andrew's carefully strives to include music that is according to the Word of God, in the tradition of historic and classical worship. The single ultimate priority of our music ministry is to bring glory to the Triune God by giving Him praise, honor and thanks due His Name. Music is to be offered as a beautiful sacrifice of praise to God on behalf of the entire congregation in corporate worship (Heb. 13:15). This principle is kept at the forefront of all our music endeavors.
Saint Andrew's offers choral activities for children and adults. The Chancel Choir and the Saint Andrew's Strings participate in morning worship services. Please see the Church Calendar to remain informed about upcoming events. Moreover, an extensive offering of individual and group music activities are available through the Saint Andrew's Conservatory of Music. Please visit our Conservatory web site at www.saintandrewsconservatory.org for more information.
Regular times for meeting:
- Boy Choir (ages 6 & older, with unchanged voices) Tuesday, 4:30 – 5:15 pm
- Handbell Choir (adult and youth), Tuesday, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Cherubs Choir (Pre-K - Kindergarten), Wednesday, 4:15 - 4:40 pm
- Choristers (1st - 3rd grade), Wednesday, 4:45 – 5:15 pm
- Junior Choir (4th - 6th grade), Wednesday, 5:15 - 6:00 pm
- Youth Choir (7th - 12th grade), Wednesday, 4:45 – 6:00 pm
- Chancel Choir (adult), Wednesday, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Chamber Choir, rehearsals scheduled as needed
- Ladies' Ensemble, rehearsals scheduled as needed
- Men's Ensemble, Thursday, 7:00 - 8:00 pm